Are you asking yourself, what is a personal brand and why do I need one? Most people think of businesses when they think of a brand, all individuals also have a brand. Everyone needs a personal brand.
Your personal brand captures who you are and what skills you bring to the table, it helps you make powerful connections and leads to new opportunities. You’ll be surprised who starts contacting you when you’re intentional about crafting your brand. But there’s more to it than this.
So actively creating a personal brand for yourself allows you to have a say in how you market yourself and gives you control in crafting an accurate picture of your identity, rather than it happening purely by default.
Crafting your personal brand strategically and build one that helps advance your career, business and your life. When done effectively, a strong personal brand leads to new opportunities and connections that can change your life.
“Too many people are unfocused when it comes to press and coverage, trying to be “everything to everyone.” Decide what your key message is and stick to it,” says Cooper Harris, founder and CEO of Klickly.
It’s what people think when they hear your name, what pops up on Google when someone searches for you, and your presence across social media.
When you’re building a business around your niche (as an author, speaker, coach, consultant, freelancer, etc.), the concept of building a personal branding probably comes naturally to you. When you’re the face of your business, building your personal brand makes perfect sense.
First Let’s look At Why You need To Start developing Your Personal Brand
Why Your Personal Brand Is Important
A Personal brand is the unique combination of skills and experiences that make You who you are. Are you saying personal branding is not for me. I just selling (fill in the blank) Whether you’re an employee or entrepreneur, cultivating a personal brand has become more important than ever.
Why You Need to Care about Your Personal Brand
- A personal brand is the unique combination of skills and experiences that make you who you are.
- It’s Your Personal Brands Presentation. It is how you present yourself to the world.
- It will differentiate you from the competition.
- It will allow you to build trust with prospective clients and employers.
- It insures that you acquire new customers.
- It Helps you retain existing ones when they are viewed as trustworthy thought leader.
What are The Benefits of Building a Personal Brand
Personal branding refers to the process of establishing your public persona for your target audience. It involves carefully and accurately communicating your values, beliefs, goals, and purpose.
Building a strong personal brand is HARD and is developed over time. Let’s look at the benefits you building a personal brand. Branding isn’t just another example of marketing jargon. It’s actually critical to your online presence and to your business’s success.
Branding Benefits – Personal Branding What’s in it for me?
- It Grows Your Trust and Authority: Having a personal brand helps to build trust with your audience, and position you as an authority and a thought leader in your industry.
- It Makes it easy to Get featured in Media: Having a personal brand makes it easier for you to pitch and be found by media (online publications, magazines, television, radio, podcasts, etc.). The media is in constant search of experts that can share their insights with their audience.
- It Lets People know Who are Are: When you have a personal brand that clearly articulates who you are, what you do, and how you help others, it makes it easier for other people and entrepreneurs to see value in connecting with you.
- It Helps You can leverage YOU Your personal brand to build your network, both online and offline, quickly and effectively.
- It Gets You Attract more clients: Building a personal brand that positions you as the go-to expert in a specific industry or niche helps you to attract more of your ideal clients. When you’re positioned as an expert, it’s also easier for people to refer clients to you.
- It’s Allows You to create Premium Pricing: Having a strong personal brand helps justify charging premium prices for your products and services. Without a brand, you become a commodity that competes on price. And there will always be competitors that can beat your price.
How to Build a Personal Brand Successfully
Building a strong personal branding for everyone that selling any products or services. Yes it is for both entrepreneurs and the career minded people personal branding is the fastest way to success.
When you start Building a personal brand intentionally it will allow you to tell your story as you want it to be told, to establish yourself as an expert and leader in your field and to connect with your customers and clients beyond your products and services alone.
Bottom line, a strong personal brand means that clients will come to you instead of you having to hustle to find them—saving you time and money.
“Brands are probably the most powerful and versatile business tool ever invented.”
Know Your Brand Benefits
A brand needs to be clear about the functional and emotional benefits it delivers to its customers.
- Know both the hard and soft skills that you bring to the table.
- Know what your unique strengths are.
- Know your personal branding key points.
- Know your target market.
- Know why people should buy from you.
- Know you are marketing YOU as the solution to people’s problems.
Start Your Personal Brand Off Right
Building a Personal Brand
Personal Branding: Purpose, Vision, Mission & Values
Whether you’re looking for a better job, industry recognition, or new clients, creating a powerful personal brand is essential. And if you don’t think you have a personal brand, just Google yourself. Voila!
The question is, do you want it to take on a life of its own, or do you want to control the narrative? or not the best way to build a brand for you is by focusing on a mission, the important thing is giving the customer a story that they tell themselves about your brand.
Building a Personal Brand – Step by Step
Claim Your Name – Create Your Own website
If you don’t already own your personal domain name (i.e., camilletyler.com), go to GoDaddy right now and see if it’s available. If not, look for a variation on the name and buy it. Having your own domain is essential these days, no matter who you are or what you do.
Decide What You Want to be Known For
Craft your Brand Vision, One classic formula for a brand statement follows this template: “I help ___ do ___.” For example, “I help manufacturing organizations improve their processes to reduce waste and grow profits.”
Focus (Your skill) and Personality
Research your Target Audience and Your Competitors
One of the worst mistakes you can make as you build a personal brand is attempting to appeal to everyone. That’s why it’s so crucial to define your niche.
Develop a Consistent Message
Branding should be memorable and communicate a story about how your business can serve or help your customers, but it should also communicate something about the “why” behind your business, and not just the what. Alway communicate with a catchy slogan and phrase.
Choose the Look of Your brand.
Design your brand logo optimizing your brand identity. Your personal brand identity includes visible elements that distinguish your brand from others—such as your brand logo design, your brand fonts, and brand colors.
Build your personal brand Social Media Presence
Decide which social media account(s) you are going to focus on, and delete any old accounts that you no longer use. For the networks you will be using, make sure all of your information is complete and accurate. This will help you to direct and grow traffic to the networks that will showcase yourself and your work.
Create Relevant Branded Content
Your content takes the form of an infographic, a video or a blog — it should always reflect your brand by being on message and creating an experience that adds value to your audience.
Your Personal Brand Evolves as You Grow
Building a brand doesn’t stop with creating a logo or slogan, or even with your brand awareness launch. Your brand needs to exist and remain consistent wherever your customers interact with you, from the theme you choose for your website, the marketing materials you produce, all the way to how you package and ship your products.
You’ll continue to shape and evolve your brand design and identity as you expose more customers to it and learn more about who your customers are and how to speak to them.
While you might revisit some steps as you pivot or create your brand, it’s important that you consider each aspect as you shape your brand identity.
Let’s start by laying the groundwork to inform how to build your business brand.
Ready for you FREE Branding BACKSTAGE Pass?
Exclusive Tools and Resources to Show how to turn your Passion into Profit by Developing your Rockstar Brand so everyone knows Your Name
I’m Camille , I am The Personal branding Expert with 4 Years of experience. I help Women crush their goals, by turning their Passion into Profits by developing that Rockstar Brand so that everyone know their Name. 😎😎😎
Book Your FREE Jam Session Here 📆 https://bit.ly/RockYoBiz
📬📬 Get connected Here: https://bit.ly/RockYoBizNewsletter
😎 Join My #rockyobrand here https://www.facebook.com/groups/rockyobiz/announcements/
Looking for Branding Breakthrough in business?Set Your FREE Branding Breakthrough Strategy SessionHere 📆 🔽🔽https://calendly.com/rockyobiz/30min